The Affordable Housing Study's latest report analyzes current and future housing needs based on projected employment and demographic trends. Learn more.
- $8.5 Million Loan Approved to Create 80 Affordable Housing Units
- $1.35 Million County Loan Approved to Preserve Affordable Senior Housing
- Virginia Honors Arlington’s Columbia Pike Housing Efforts
- 100 Homes Campaign Houses 100
- Arlington County Board Approves New Live-Work Building Near Clarendon Metro Station
On August 22, 1974, President Gerald R. Ford signed a law that created a hallmark program, the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) within the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. For the next 40 years, CDBG helped the County provide decent and affordable housing, maintain clean and safe neighborhoods and create economic opportunities for the Arlington community.