Draft Consolidated Plan Available for Review
The Consolidated Plan provides the strategic framework for the County’s housing and community development goals over the next five-year period. The plan is required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and sets the vision for allocating federal resources to housing, homelessness, community development and special needs. Arlington County is the direct recipient of federal CDBG and HOME funds, and partners with the City of Falls Church as a subrecipient agency through a cooperation agreement.
Citizen Participation is key to the development of the Consolidated Plan. Residents are invited to provide comments in writing to Joel Franklin or at the following meetings, all of which will be held at 2100 Clarendon Blvd.:
- Housing Commission and Community Development Citizen Advisory Committee Consolidated Plan Hearing on Wednesday, March 4, at 6:30 p.m. (Room 311)
- County Board Budget Hearing on Tuesday, March 24, at 7:00 p.m. (County Board Room)
Draft Consolidated Plan for Fiscal Years 2016-2020
- Draft Consolidated Plan Citizen Summary
- Draft Consolidated Plan for FY 2016-2020
- Draft Annual Action Plan for FY 2016
*Note – because the draft Annual Action Plan is in a new format required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, projects listed in this document are only projects supported with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) or HOME Investment Partnership (HOME) funds. For a complete list and description of projects recommended for funding through the Community Development Fund (CDBG, Community Service Block Grants, and Affordable Housing Investment Fund Housing Services), see the County Manager’s proposed FY 2016 budget.
- Draft Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing and Fair Housing Plan
- Draft Community Participation Plan
Consolidated Plan for Fiscal Years 2011-2015
- Consolidated Plan Narratives
- Attachment 1: Consolidated Plan Citizen Summary
- Attachment 2: FY2011 Arlington Action Plan Narratives
- Attachment 3: Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing
- Attachment 4: Fair Housing Plan
- Attachment 5: Needs Tables
- Attachment 6: Five Year Objectives, Strategies and Outcomes
- Attachment 7: Community Participation Plan
- Attachment 8: Housing and Community Development Needs Survey Summary
- Attachment 9: Housing and Community Development Forum Wrap-Up
- Attachment 10: Public Comments and Staff Responses
- Attachment 11: Annual Affordable Housing Targets Report for FY2009
- Attachment 12: Neighborhood Classification System
- Attachment 13: City of Falls Church Consolidated Plan
- Attachment 14: City of Falls Church FY2011 Action Plan
Download the Consolidated Plan with all attachments.
Annual Action Plan
Each year, an Annual Action Plan is developed with citizen participation to address federal grant allocations, objectives, activities and performance measures for the goals identified in the five-year Consolidated Plan. The Action Plan goals relate to:
- Affordable Housing
- Neighborhood Strategy Areas
- Community Development
- Citizen Participation
- Institutional Structure
Action Plan documents consist of three parts:
- Citizen Summary – this document summarizes the goals, objectives, allocations and performance measures for the fiscal year which begins July 1st.
- HUD Narratives – these narratives are submitted to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to meet federal regulations and receive federal funds.
- Projects – this chart summarizes program allocations and includes expected accomplishments by subrecipients.
Annual Action Plan for Fiscal Year 2015
Annual Action Plan for Fiscal Year 2014
Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER)
The CAPER is an evaluation and performance report required at the end of each fiscal year. The report details Arlington’s accomplishments toward meeting the goals outlined in the Consolidated Plan and compares actual performance with the performance measures listed in the Action Plan.
Draft CAPER for Fiscal Year 2014
CAPER for Fiscal Year 2013