County Approved — In Permitting Process or Under Construction
These are active developments with affordable housing units.
- Union on Queen (previously Pierce Queen Apartments)
- 4318 N. Carlin Springs Road – The Springs
- Columbia Hills
These recently completed properties have helped to increase the number of affordable housing units available.
Affordable Housing Success Stories
From historic garden-style apartments to modern buildings with award-winning designs and everything in between, Arlington’s affordable housing comes in many forms. More than 7,000 Committed Affordable Units (CAFs) are open or have been approved in 70+ apartment complexes located throughout Arlington.
We work with developers and community partners to preserve and develop affordable housing that helps new and long-time residents stay in Arlington, even as rents increase. Explore the many different facets of affordable housing:
- Hunter’s Park Provides Housing for Seniors
- Buchanan Gardens: Preserving Affordable Housing for Years to Come
- Colonial Village Meets the Need for Accessibility
- The Jordan: Creative Property Swap Increases Affordable Housing in Ballston
- The Macedonian: Affordable Housing That’s Also Green
- Crescent Falls Church: Six Affordable Units in a New Building Near Metro and Bike Trail