This program provides low to moderate income first-time homebuyers who purchase in Arlington an opportunity to receive a mortgage interest rate reduction. Loans are provided through the Virginia Housing Development Authority (VHDA) Sponsoring Partnerships and Revitalizing Communities Program (SPARC) previously known as the CHRP program. 2020 SPARC Income Limits
Qualified buyers receive a 1% rate reduction from the standard VHDA mortgage interest rate, with as little as 1% down, for home purchases in Arlington County zip codes. Homebuyers have various mortgage financing options with any VHDA-approved lender. Since it began in 2005, the program has helped more than 400 Arlington families purchase their first homes, providing more than $80 million in low-interest mortgages.
- Property must be located in Arlington County
- First-time homebuyer or homebuyer who has not owned a home for at least three (3) years (includes all household members)
- Type of mortgages available: conventional, FHA, and VA
- Property price may not exceed $525,000
- Completion of the first-time howebuyer class offered through VHDA
- Income limits apply: 2020 SPARC Income Limits
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for SPARC:
- Attend a home ownership class, available for free online at VHDA.
- Follow-up with your lender to determine if SPARC is right for you.
Lenders using the SPARC program must submit- via email- required documents found below. All documents below must be submitted to the Arlington Housing Division for SPARC consideration. The Housing Division will respond to requests for SPARC approval within 48 business hours.
- SPARC Document Checklist
- SPARC Reservation Form
- Lender Certification Form
- Home Buyer Assessment Form
- Uniform Residential Application for SPARC applicant
Housing Division Staff Contact: Odalis Barrios (firstname.lastname@example.org)