NOTICE: We have expended our full CHRP allocation for this 2019. There are no additional Arlington CHRP funds remaining. We anticipate additional allocations to be released at the beginning of 2020. Please check back for updates in January. This program provides low to moderate incomes households who purchase in Arlington an opportunity to receive a mortgage interest rate reduction. Loans are provided through the Virginia Housing Development Authority (VHDA) Community Homeownership Revitalization Program (CHRP) for households at or below 120% of the Area Median Income (see the chart below).
Qualified buyers receive a 1% rate reduction from the standard VHDA mortgage interest rate, with as little as 1% down, for home purchases in the 22203, 22204 and 22206 zip codes. Homebuyers have various mortgage financing options with any VHDA-approved lender. Since it began in 2005, the program has helped more than 400 Arlington families purchase their first homes, providing more than $80 million in low-interest mortgages.
- Property must be located in Arlington County
- Type of mortgages available: conventional, FHA, and VA
- Property price may not exceed $500,000
- Income limits apply: CHRP Income Limits FY19
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for CHRP:
- Attend a home ownership class, available for free through Arlington Home Ownership Made Easier (AHOME) or any other VHDA approved Home-ownership Counseling Agency.
- Follow-up with your lender to determine if CHRP is right for you.
Lenders using the CHRP program must submit- via email- required documents found below. All documents below must be submitted to the Arlington Housing Division for CHRP consideration. The Housing Division will respond to requests for CHRP approval within 24 business hours.
- CHRP Document Checklist
- CHRP Reservation Form
- Lender Certification Form
- Home Buyer Assessment Form
- Uniform Residential Application for CHRP applicant
Housing Division Staff Contact: Odalis Barrios (firstname.lastname@example.org)