This program provides an opportunity for first-time homebuyers with low to moderate incomes to purchase in Arlington. Loans are provided through the Virginia Housing Development Authority (VHDA) Community Homeownership Revitalization Program.
Qualified buyers receive a 0.5% rate reduction from the standard VHDA mortgage interest rate, with as little as 1% down, for home purchases in the 22203, 22204 and 22206 zip codes. Homebuyers have various mortgage financing options with any VHDA-approved lender. Since it began in 2005, the program has helped more than 400 Arlington families purchase their first homes, providing more than $80 million in low-interest mortgages.
- Property must be located in Arlington County
- Applicants must not have owned a home during the previous three years
- Type of mortgages available: conventional, FHA, and VA
- Income limits apply: $121,900 for a household of 1-2 persons, and $142,300 for households of 3 or more (2016)
- Property price may not exceed $500,000
How to Apply
If you are interested in any of the County’s home-ownership programs:
- Complete the Assessment Form available in the Homebuyer Information Packet (available en Español).
- Attend a home ownership class, available for free through Arlington Home Ownership Made Easier (AHOME).
- After completing the assessment form, you will receive a letter stating whether or not you are eligible for any of the County’s programs.