The federal Housing Opportunities for People with AIDS (HOPWA) Program provides housing assistance and supportive services to individuals with HIV/AIDS and their families. The Northern Virginia Regional Commission (NVRC) determines program eligibility and maintains the program’s waitlist.
- Are HIV positive or have AIDS
- Have a family income at or below 50 percent of the local area median income for project-based or tenant-based rental assistance (PBRA/TBRA), and at or below 80 percent for other HOPWA services — see income limits here.
- Live in one of the 15 jurisdictions served by NVRC’s HOPWA Program:
- Counties: Arlington, Clarke, Fairfax, Fauquier, Loudoun, Prince William, Spotsylvania, Stafford or Warren
- Cities: Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Manassas or Manassas Park
For more information, contact NVRC at 703-642-0700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.