Porting Into Arlington County
The Arlington County Housing Choice Voucher (ACHCV) Program is currently billing voucher holders who move into Arlington County or “port-in” from other public housing agencies (PHAs). This is subject to change at any time.
The Process for Porting Into Arlington County
- Once the HCV holder receives portability approval, the initial PHA must contact the ACHCV Program and submit the following documentation:
- Form HUD-52665
- Copies of income verification forms
- Copy of the voucher
- Permanent records
- Copy of the most recent Form HUD-50058
- Enterprise Income Verification (EIV)
- Housing choice voucher holder contact information
- After the ACHCV Program receives the necessary documentation, the HCV holder will receive an appointment for a Port in Briefing.
- Port-in briefings are held every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month.
- All adult members of the household that is porting in must pass a criminal background check.
- The HCV holder can continue with the leasing process pending the outcome of the criminal background check on all adult household members.
- If the criminal background check shows that the voucher holder has a police record that consists of drugs, sexual and/or violent criminal activities, the HCV holder’s voucher and housing assistance will be terminated.
- If the criminal background check shows that an adult household member who is not the voucher holder has a police record that consists of drugs, sexual or violent criminal activities, that adult household member will not be permitted to port into Arlington.
|Bedroom Size||FY 2016||AC Payment|
Submit Documents to:
Arlington County HCV Program
2100 Washington Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22204
Porting Out of Arlington County:
Current HCV Participants
For voucher holders who live in Arlington and want to move out of the county, please contact your Arlington County housing specialist and let him/her know you would like to port to another jurisdiction. The housing specialist will determine if you are eligible to port-out. If you owe money to Arlington County or are in the first year of your lease, you are not eligible to port. If you are eligible to port out of Arlington you will be given a portability move appointment.
After the portability move appointment, the housing specialist will prepare your paperwork for transfer to the new (receiving) housing authority. Portability paperwork is processed every Friday afternoon.
New applicants (off the waitlist)
Applicants that resided in Arlington County at the time of application may request to port out if the family is income eligible for admission in the area to which they wish to move. If your family did not reside in Arlington at the time of application, you must lease in Arlington County for 12 months before you can port your voucher to another jurisdiction.
Here is a list of local housing authorities if you are interested in moving locally.
Surrounding Housing Authorities
Alexandria Redevelopment and Housing Authority
600 N. Fairfax Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD)
3700 Pender Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
Prince William County Office of Housing and Community Development
15941 Donald Curtis Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22191
District of Columbia Housing Authority
1133 North Capitol Street N.E.
Washington, DC 20002
Prince George’s County Department of Housing and Community Development
9400 Peppercorn Place
Largo, MD 20774