Arlington County Seeks Innovative, Creative Ways to Achieve Housing Arlington Goals
Arlington County is interested in exploring innovative and creative ways to achieve the goals of Housing Arlington, which are:
- To expand the supply of housing;
- To broaden the types of housing available; and
- Preserve or increase the supply of affordable housing.
The Housing Arlington Call for Ideas is intended to seek out new concepts and ideas and gather research, where available, that will help further the County’s efforts through Housing Arlington. The County is particularly interested in land use and zoning approaches, as well as new financing models or innovative partnerships that reduce costs to the County. This Call for Ideas is issued solely for research and planning purposes.
Who Would We Like to Hear From?
To complement its ongoing affordable housing efforts, the County invites responses from:
- Affordable Housing Partners: Developers, lenders, investors, syndicators, mortgage brokers, consultants or multifamily housing professionals working on affordable or mixed-income projects within the U.S. or abroad;
- Advocates: Individuals and organizations with an interest or a passion for providing affordable housing;
- Federal / State / Municipal Professionals: Practitioners with experience administering publicly funded affordable housing programs; or
- Researchers or Journalists: Experts with knowledge of best practices, analysis or case studies that could inform our work.
Acknowledgement and recognition opportunities:
- We may post or publish the information that you share in a Resource Library that we are creating to support broader knowledge about the tools and strategies that are available to increase housing supply and affordability.
- We may ask you to participate in a symposium or other community event where you can share your experience or ideas
Specific Areas of Interest
Review the complete Housing Arlington Call for Ideas , including pages 3-4 for more details about the following areas of interest:
- Missing Middle Housing
- Multifamily Preservation and Redevelopment
- Senior Housing / Elder Care
- Financial Tools
- Institutional Partnerships (utilizing land that is owned by a governmental agency, House of Worship, or non-profit to achieve affordable housing goals)
- Employee Housing
The Housing Division will review Call for Ideas submissions for relevant research and viable concepts and ideas prior to formulating a staff recommendation for County leadership consideration.
- The submission period is over.
- Review other submission requirements on pages 4-6 of the Housing Arlington Call for Ideas.