In support of the engagement goals shared between Housing Arlington and the Missing Middle Housing Study, the County is enlisting a network of community partners to facilitate broader study participation through the use of their own communication networks.
The varied types of dialogues community partners enable will expand the study’s reach, bring an additional layer of perspectives heard, and contribute to achieving the study’s goals.
Who should apply?
Any individual or community group/organization with an interest in spreading Missing Middle Housing Study information with their networks should apply. We’re looking for those interested in advocating for more voices to participate in the community dialogue.
What are the roles and expectations of a Missing Middle Community Partner?
- Spread awareness and motivate study participation with your connections in the community.
- Share factual information about the study with your network.
- Report back on what you’re hearing:
- County staff will provide partners with a standardized feedback form that can be submitted online, emailed, or dropped off at our offices/events.
- Report back using a neutral perspective. If you’re hearing differing opinions about a particular issue or topic, we’d like to hear from all perspectives.
What can partners expect from the Missing Middle Housing Study team?
- Community partners will be provided frequent updates and materials to assist them in sharing study information with their network. Materials may include:
- Ready-to-go meeting materials, presentations
- Handouts, fact sheets, FAQs, study guides
- Surveys, feedback forms
- Translated study information
- Periodically, such as before major milestones, the County will host virtual meetings for partners where study updates, engagement opportunities, and new materials will be shared. This will also be an opportunity for partners to interact with County staff and get their questions answered.
- County staff may co-host or attend meetings with community partners. These community meetings will be open to the general public.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.