Development of the Consolidated Plan for Fiscal Year 2022-2026
Arlington County is in the process of developing its FY 2022-2026 Consolidated Plan to submit to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The Consolidated Plan provides the strategic framework for the County’s housing and community development goals over a five-year period and sets the vision for allocating federal resources to meet housing and community development needs. Arlington receives CDBG and HOME funding according to a federal formula annually due to its size, demographics and housing characteristics.
Past activities eligible for CDBG and HOME funding for low- and moderate- income families and neighborhoods have included:
- Affordable housing
- Community services
- Job training and workforce development
- Economic development and small business assistance
- Homelessness prevention
- Neighborhood revitalization
Community Survey: Consider providing feedback through the following online survey. The survey will be open until December 4, 2020.
Consolidated Plan Community Meeting
Arlington convened a community meeting to discuss accomplishments for the FY 2016 – FY 2021 plan and recommendations for the FY 2022 – FY 2026 Consolidated Plan on Thursday, December 19. View a recording of the meeting here.
This community meeting was presented in English, but Arlington is also planning a separate community event for Spanish speakers. Please email Caitlin Jones to learn more.
DRAFT Amended Annual Action Plan for Fiscal Year 2021.
Arlington is proposing to submit an amended FY 2021 Action Plan to HUD that includes the CDBG-Coronavirus allocation as an available resource for the year and detailed how CDBG funds will be used to support the community COVID-19 response.
DRAFT CAPER for Fiscal Year 2020.
Amended Annual Action Plan for Fiscal Year 2020
Arlington submitted an amended FY 2020 Action Plan to HUD that included the CDBG-Coronavirus allocation as an available resource for the year and detailed how funds will be used to support the community COVID-19 response.
- Amended Citizen Summary
- Amended Action Plan Narratives
Consolidated Plan for Fiscal Years 2016-2020
The Consolidated Plan provides the strategic framework for the County’s housing and community development goals over the next five-year period. The plan is required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and sets the vision for allocating federal resources to housing, homelessness, community development and special needs. Arlington County is the direct recipient of federal CDBG and HOME funds, and partners with the City of Falls Church as a subrecipient agency through a cooperation agreement.
- Consolidated Plan Narratives for FY 2016-2020 and Annual Action Plan for FY 2016
- Appendix 1: Consolidated Plan Citizen Summary
- Appendix 2: Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing and Fair Housing Plan
- Appendix 3: Community Participation Plan
- Appendix 4: Consolidated Plan Survey Results
- Appendix 5: Map of Committed Affordable Units
*Note – because the Annual Action Plan is in a new format required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, projects listed in this document are only projects supported with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) or HOME Investment Partnership (HOME) funds. For a complete list and description of projects recommended for funding through the Community Development Fund (CDBG, Community Service Block Grants, and Affordable Housing Investment Fund Housing Services), see the County Manager’s proposed FY 2016 budget.
Consolidated Plan for Fiscal Years 2011-2015
- Consolidated Plan Narratives
- Attachment 1: Consolidated Plan Citizen Summary
- Attachment 2: FY2011 Arlington Action Plan Narratives
- Attachment 3: Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing
- Attachment 4: Fair Housing Plan
- Attachment 5: Needs Tables
- Attachment 6: Five Year Objectives, Strategies and Outcomes
- Attachment 7: Community Participation Plan
- Attachment 8: Housing and Community Development Needs Survey Summary
- Attachment 9: Housing and Community Development Forum Wrap-Up
- Attachment 10: Public Comments and Staff Responses
- Attachment 11: Annual Affordable Housing Targets Report for FY2009
- Attachment 12: Neighborhood Classification System
- Attachment 13: City of Falls Church Consolidated Plan
- Attachment 14: City of Falls Church FY2011 Action Plan
Download the Consolidated Plan with all attachments.
Annual Action Plan
Each year, an Annual Action Plan is developed with citizen participation to address federal grant allocations, objectives, activities and performance measures for the goals identified in the five-year Consolidated Plan. The Action Plan goals relate to:
- Affordable Housing
- Neighborhood Strategy Areas
- Community Development
- Citizen Participation
- Institutional Structure
Action Plan documents consist of three parts:
- Citizen Summary – this document summarizes the goals, objectives, allocations and performance measures for the fiscal year which begins July 1st.
- HUD Narratives – these narratives are submitted to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to meet federal regulations and receive federal funds.
- Projects – this chart summarizes program allocations and includes expected accomplishments by subrecipients.
Annual Action Plan for Fiscal Year 2021
Annual Action Plan for Fiscal Year 2020
Annual Action Plan for Fiscal Year 2019
Annual Action Plan for Fiscal Year 2018
Annual Action Plan for Fiscal Year 2017
Annual Action Plan for Fiscal Year 2015
Annual Action Plan for Fiscal Year 2014
Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER)
The CAPER is an evaluation and performance report required at the end of each fiscal year. The report details Arlington’s accomplishments toward meeting the goals outlined in the Consolidated Plan and compares actual performance with the performance measures listed in the Action Plan.
CAPER for Fiscal Year 2019
CAPER for Fiscal Year 2018
CAPER for Fiscal Year 2017
CAPER for Fiscal Year 2016
CAPER for Fiscal Year 2015
CAPER for Fiscal Year 2014
CAPER for Fiscal Year 2013
CAPER for Fiscal Year 2012